The Center has partnered with the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia to provide tours of Philadelphia's architecture and built environment.
- Tours are led by experienced, volunteer guides from a wide range of backgrounds
- There are 20 different tours available to the public, with dozens more available for private groups. For descriptions of available tours, visit: Preservation Alliance Tour Descriptions
- Because Preservation Alliance tours cover so many diverse areas of the city, each tour meets at a different location. Check the listing of each tour for meeting locations.
- Tours depart promptly at their scheduled time - please arrive early
- Tours are conducted rain or shine
- Preservation Alliance tours do not cater to your “typical” tourist market - they are more specialized and more in-depth, making them a great option for adventurous tourists and inquisitive locals alike.
Tours are offered May-October and run ~1.5 - 2 hours each.
Special tours are occasionally offered between November-April.
View a full schedule of upcoming tours on the Preservation Alliance's TicketLeap page.
- 10:00 AM | Saturdays
- 2:00 PM | Sundays
- 6:00 PM | Wednesdays (July + August ONLY)
Purchase tickets online at the Preservation Alliance's TicketLeap page, or go to the designated tour meeting place and pay your tour guide (cash/check payable to: Preservation Alliance).
Tours are limited to 25 people; people with tickets get priority. Please print tickets purchased online when possible.
Is your group interested in a private tour? Contact the Preservation Alliance: 215-546-1146 x4 or [email protected].
All tours are produced and managed by the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the tours, please contact the Preservation Alliance directly.