DESIGN THE CITY starts today!
Watch the installations go up from 4-8pm on Friday, Oct 11thVisitors to IKEA are invited to watch the teen teams from Public Workshop, an organization which creates uniquely engaging opportunities for youth and their communities, construct and shape the design of their Léger-inspired installations from 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 11 at the IKEA South Philadelphia store [2206 S. Columbus Blvd. Philadelphia PA; 2nd Floor Restaurant]. The projects will remain on display at the store through Friday, October 18. You can also view the final installations and read all about the Public Workshop teams by checking out the Design By IKEA Blog, which will post on October 12th.
Vote for your favorite!Design and IKEA fans are invited to vote for their favorite “Design the City” installation starting Saturday, October 12 through Friday, October 18. By voting online via Twitter and/or the Design by IKEA blog, they will be entered in a sweepstakes to win a $500 IKEA Gift Card*. The team with the most votes will also receive a $500 IKEA Gift Card (Grand Prize), and all “Design the City” teams will receive tickets to see “Léger: Modern Art and the Metropolis” at the Philadelphia Museum of Art (beginning October 14).
- Log onto your Twitter account. (If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free.)
- Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @IKEASouthPhilly.
- Between Saturday, October 12, 2013 and Friday, October 18, 2013 (from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST (“Sweepstakes Period”), tweet @IKEASouthPhilly I vote for #LegerinPhillyblue or #LegerinPhillyRed or #LegerinPhillyWhite.
- Visit the Design By IKEA Blog on October 12,2013 to review the three “Design the City” entrants.
- Follow the voting instructions on the website to cast a vote.