Thank you to all who joined our call last week to hear about our “Plan B” for DesignPhiladelphia 2020. In case you missed the call, here are the highlights:
What We Are Planning:
- The Festival is still happening, October 7-18, 2020.
- The programming will be all virtual. If we can gather, then we will re-evaluate, but for now. It’s all virtual.
- Programming Deadline to Submit is June 29, 2020.
- Collaboration with other organizations and design festivals around the world.
- Focused Virtual Best in Emerging Design Competition + Exhibition
- Signature Virtual Programs on select festival evenings with breakout “room” experiences
What We are Looking For:
- Event Partners to provide cool, engaging, educational content, like:
- Virtual Tours (live or video)
- At Home Experiences (folks sign up in advance and pick up materials to follow along)
- Talks + Panel Discussions
- Virtual Exhibitions
- We are open to physical exhibitions in our space at the Center for Architecture and Design, and if we can’t allow people in to experience them, we will make 360-degree photos of the exhibits for folks to experience.
- Window Displays to allow for Design Walks (even if people can’t gather and if they can…GREAT!)
- Curating the following Exhibits for this Year – Keep an Eye Out for the Following Calls in the next month:
- Best in Emerging Design Competition ($5,000 prize)
- Design is Inclusive, Annual Exhibition highlighting diverse designers in our region
- In celebration of 100 years of women having the right to vote, projects or products that have been designed to advance equality and equity.
- Virtual Installations at Cherry Street Pier
What We Are Definitely Not Doing:
- We won’t have multiple exhibits on display at Cherry Street Pier, we are working on something physical there – stay tuned.
- We won’t have an in-person Kick-Off Party, we are working on an Instagram Live Party with some kickass party swag.
- Forgetting about how much we LOVE the design community in Philadelphia and we want to celebrate you and share your greatness with the world (wide web) this year!