Submission Deadline | DesignPhiladelphia 'Best In Design' Competition
FREE | Registration Required
BEST IN DESIGN: READY TO SCALE OPEN CALL
DesignPhiladelphia is excited to announce its first ever “Best in Design” competition, a new challenge that asks regional designers and design companies to submit innovative, high quality products that make life better. We are looking to support designers and companies that are ready to grow and promote products that reflect the business’s scalability.
The “Best in Design” competition is looking to propel Philadelphia’s best design businesses/designers forward by providing robust local and international exposure. Finalists will exhibit work at the 2018 DesignPhiladelphia Festival. The winning design will be awarded a cash prize of $5,000. All finalists will be covered in a national design publication and gain exposure to a loyal audience of design enthusiasts and aficionados.
The competition is not limited to physical products, but all designs should have an interesting visual element that can be displayed. Examples of designs include: home products, digital products, furniture, medical devices, wearables, lighting, building materials, and the list goes on.
- $5,000 cash prize
- Featured display at the DesignPhiladelphia hub at BOK
- Featured on the DesignPhiladelphia website
- Featured in DesignPhiladelphia blog posts and social media
- Featured in a national design publication
- $1,000 stipend to attend another design festival and exhibit your work (we have partnerships with most design festivals across the country and internationally. We will work with the winner(s) to select the best fit and negotiate exhibition of their work at another festival.)
What does it cost to apply? Nothing! It is FREE to apply. Finalists will be required to exhibit their selected design during DesignPhiladelphia and are responsible for the production of their own display. Once selected, Center for Architecture and Design staff will coordinate logistics of the exhibition.
You should apply if you are…
- local to the Greater Philadelphia region (Philadelphia + 5 surrounding counties)
- creating products that have the capacity to scale in production
- designing innovative, original, products