The Center for Architecture and Design is seeking a Program Coordinator for the Architecture and Design Education Program (ADE). The Center for Architecture and Design is a charitable foundation that focuses on engaging, educating, and exciting the public about the built environment and design and its impact on all of us. The Center has prioritized K-12 design engaging thousands of Philadelphia school children through its in-class, out-of-class, and individual workshops. The Center believes and has set an organizational goal that all students in Philadelphia have access to design education and this position is critical in striving to accomplish that goal.
This part-time salaried position that reports to the Director of Design education of the Center for Architecture and Design. A successful candidate for this position must possess experience and talents in the following areas:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in K-12 education either as an educator, administrator, nonprofit professional or volunteer in an educational and/or youth-focused setting.
- A passion for and/or knowledge of design, architecture, and/or the built environment.
- Experience in educational program design and evaluation design and implementation.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Culturally competent and authentic communication style.
- Meticulous organizational skills to coordinate and connect participants and partners of the ADE program
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Non-profit experience is a plus, but not required
Core Responsibilities Include:
Assist in the Implementation of CFAD K-12 Programs
Architecture and Design Education (in-classroom programs)
- Assist in securing involvement from PSD schools and potential partners
- Assist with recruiting volunteers
- Coordinate all logistics for educators and volunteers, including child security clearances etc.
- Assist in organizing, volunteers for Workshops at the Center and partner sites
- Curate programming content with other partners, such as week – long camps; weekend activities in public parks and outdoor spaces
Program and Evaluation Design
- Collect and analyze data from AIE programs.
- Assist in maintaining an evaluation system to track the programs progression based on the Strategic plan
Stakeholder Engagement & Cultivation
- Convene A+DEN
- Convene CFAD K-12 Design Education Committee
- Develop new relationships with other nonprofit and institutional partners, as well as the Philadelphia School District
- Engage with private firms about financial and volunteer resources.
- Prioritize CCP students and architecture program for
Content Creator for Communications + Development Initiatives
- Assist in producing Annual Report on all CFAD Design Education, in conjunction with Communications Director and Graphic Designer
- Assist in organizing and producing annual Student Exhibition.
- Assist in writing and/or source authors for monthly articles on Design Education in Philadelphia
- Collaborate with Communications Director of digital presence for Design Education on CFAD’s website and social media platforms.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to Michael Spain, Director of Design Education for the Center for Architecture and Design, [email protected]. No phone calls please. Compensation is competitive and will vary depending upon candidates’ experience and talents.