We're Hiring! Communications Coordinator (part-time)
AIA Philadelphia’s mission is to support it’s over 1,500 members to work together to become better architects. AIA Philadelphia does this through programs that advance the knowledge and expertise of it’s members; events that connect the architectural community; legislative and policy advocacy that impacts the practice of architecture; and through public programming via the Center for Architecture and Design.
The Center for Architecture and Design engages and educates the public about architecture and design. We do this by celebrating the built environment and design excellence; championing the value and impact that architecture and design has on the public’s everyday lives; and leveraging our physical space as the hub for the design community and the general public. DesignPhiladelphia is the signature program of the Center for Architecture and Design.
AIA Philadelphia is looking to hire a part-time Communications Coordinator who will work with the Communications team to create weekly newsletters and maintain the websites of both organizations. Additionally, the Communications Coordinator will provide communications and program support for the DesignPhiladelphia Festival.
This is the perfect position for someone looking to augment their already impressive communications and graphic design portfolio. You possess strong copywriting and editing skills, are detail-oriented and organized, are able to meet tight deadlines, and are as comfortable working independently as you are working on a small team. You have an interest in architecture and design, and you’re excited to communicate the value of the built environment to the built environment community in Philadelphia.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist in maintaining database of key contacts for program outreach to target event partners, advertisers, sponsors, and members of the press
- Based on given style guide and creative assets, create communications-related graphics as needed: including print/web advertisements, postcards, email newsletter headers/footers, and festival guidebook
- Assist in culling and proofreading all printed communications materials
- Assist with Festival wrap report and annual archive
- Scheduling + implementing social media using Hootsuite
- Maintain communications calendar using Asana and Microsoft excel
- Work with Director of Communications to design, layout, and write weekly newsletters for AIA Philadelphia and Center for Architecture and Design
- Work with the Director of Communications to support the content organization and graphic design layout of AIA Philadelphia’s quarterly publication, CONTEXT magazine.
- Post content to AIA Philadelphia and Center for Architecture websites. Some content will be generated and written by the Communications Coordinator, some will be from other sources.
- Graphic Design layout experience
- Excellent grammar skills/copy editing
- Proficient-Master in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop),
- Detail Oriented
- Comfortable with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Proficient in scheduling posts using Hootsuite
- Experience with Drupal, Asana, Google Docs
This is a part time position (20-30 hr/week) offering competitive hourly rate. To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and graphic samples to [email protected]