This is the perfect position for an enthusiastic go-getter, who wants to network with designers and design companies across the Greater Philadelphia area. Knowledge of the Philadelphia design scene and interest in promoting it are important assets, as are experience in reaching audiences through diverse digital communications, including social media. You possess strong copywriting and editing skills, are detail-oriented and organized, are able to meet tight deadlines, and are as comfortable working independently as you are working on a small team. You attend cultural/art/design-related events on a regular basis and are excited about connecting people, places, and things!
Primary responsibilities include:
DesignPhiladelphia (although varies on time of year approximately 75% of time).
• Maintaining and updating information of key contacts for program outreach to target potential sponsors, event partners, advertisers, and members of press.
• Coordinate meetings and follow-up between Executive Director, yourself, and existing and new event partners
• Manage and coordinate annual festival volunteers
• Coordinate with Communications staff to create production and content calendar for Festival and year-long programming. Also, insure production and content deadlines are being met.
• Event registration management; including customer service, confirmation, and invoicing
• Coordinate and write/edit sponsored blog posts about event partners
• Assist in culling and proofreading all communications materials
• Coordinate all evaluation tools and conduct data summary and analysis post-festival
• Complete Festival wrap report and annual archive
• Create/Update annual Sponsorship Packet
• Coordinate DesignPhiladelphia Steering Committee meetings and all other communications with Steering Committee
Center for Architecture and Design Programs Support (although varies on time of year approximately 25% of time).
• Coordinate with Associate Director on family workshops and outreach to potential partners
• Coordinate volunteers for the Architecture in Education Program
• Support Associate Director on other Center Programs such as, the Better Philadelphia Challenge and Edmund N. Bacon Award; the Louis I. Kahn Memorial Talk, and the Building Philadelphia Lecture Series
• Support Associate Director on internal exhibit planning and implementation.
• Extremely organized event and project management skills. Candidate must have the ability to make chronological to-do lists and stay on deadline to complete all necessary tasks.
• Knowledge and understanding of local design community is highly desirable.
• Must be comfortable and enjoy meeting new people regularly and maintain timely follow up.
• Must be able to quickly assess how DesignPhiladelphia’s programming and networks could advance potential event partners’ and sponsors’ goals.
• Experience with Asana, Salesforce (or other CRM), Google Drive, MS Office, and Instagram highly desirable.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive, nonprofit salary + benefits. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]